Taliaferro and Browne, is seeking an experienced Landscape Architect with 3-5 years of experience to become a part of a dynamic diverse team and leaders in the urban core of Kansas City’s Civil Engineering and Landscape Architecture. Our projects include urban design, mixed-use development, community planning, streetscapes, green infrastructure, infill housing, university campus planning and design. We offer our employees the chance to work on exciting and challenging projects of various scales. The ideal candidate should have project experience, be able to work independently and thrive in a small-medium office environment. Responsibilities include assisting or leading with design, construction documents, hand graphics, 3D imaging, preparing project deliverables and presentation materials.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited university.
- Minimum experience working in a professional Landscape Architectural or multi- disciplinary design firm that includes site design layout, landscape and hardscape design, production of construction document drawings and work with team members to coordinate and update project work.
- Demonstrate proficiency in AutoCAD 2022, LandFX, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- 3D software experience in Sketch-Up, Lumion or other rendering software.
- Civil 3D and surface modeling a plus.
- Strong knowledge of local and native plant communities.
- Experience in environmental design/green infrastructure/native plant communities preferred.
- Excellent organizational, management and budgetary skills.
- Working towards becoming a Registered Landscape Architect license in Missouri and Kansas.
- Strong design and graphic skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Works on small to moderate projects or portions of larger projects.
- Ability to develop and convey creative ideas and design solutions to other team members.
- Highly motivated to work towards professional licensure.
- Apply standard practices and techniques.
- Assist with research, planning and design tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with the preparation of drawings, renderings and exhibits using hand sketches and computer rendering techniques.
- Assist with the preparation of construction drawings using AutoCAD 2022 and LandFX.
- Assist with the preparation of technical specifications and research products.
- Assist with public engagement activities including preparation of meeting exhibits and meeting minutes.
- Taliaferro and Browne embraces a growth-oriented environment supporting professional and personal development for team members at all levels.
- Education opportunities consist of extensive on-the-job training and mentorship along with more formal training programs in production techniques, project management, and leadership development.
BENEFITS AND CONTACT:
- We offer Personal Time Off (PTO) that combines vacation, paid sick leave for unexpected temporary short-term illness of an employee or his/her dependent(s), time off for medical appointments and personal days. Employees at this level may accrue a minimum of 15 days PTO/year (more based on experience and qualifications).
Taliaferro and Browne offers full benefits including health, dental, and 401K. Competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
The information contained in this document is not intended to be a complete inventory of the job’s duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Rather, it is intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected to be performed by employees assigned to this job title.